My son wanted to play baseball this year so I signed him up for The Mites league and he loved it.
I was never a baseball player myself but since I know more than 5-6 year olds I qualified to be a coach. It was a heck of a lot of fun and we can't wait until spring season.
YBNR (Youth Baseball of New Rochelle) and The New York Mets offer a coaches clinic for Youth Baseball coaches in the area.
The clinics included:
Grounds Crew Clinic with Bill Deacon, Director of Field Operations & Landscape
• “Tools of the Trade” (Equipment Tips/DIY/Must-have tools)
• Infield Maintenance
• Pitcher’s mound maintenance
• Field/Grass maintenance
• Pitching Drills & Demonstrations – Dave Eiland, Pitching Coach
• Hitting Drills & Demonstrations – Pat Roessler, Hitting Coach
• Strength & Conditioning Exercises – Dustin Clarke, Strength & Conditioning Coach
• Infield Drills & Demonstrations – Gary DiSarcina, Bench Coach
Plus we got served breakfast and lunch!